* Dragons and Daffodils Cakes was set up in July 1999 by Rhianydd Webb. it has been based in three shops over the years, but has now moved to its wonderful new home in Ty Cynon, Navigation Park, Abercynon, South Wales, CF45 4SN.
* I regarded myself initially as book-taught, as they were my only source of knowledge and inspiration. There are many books out there written by wonderful sugar florists and cake designers.The ones that have inspired me over the years include: * Alan Dunn * Tombi Peck * The International Sugarcraft Books *Debbie Brown * Lindy Smith Actually, the list is endless, I am always buying new books. Since then, I have been very lucky to be able to study Intermediate Cake Decoration and Beginners sugar flowers under the very talented Janet Side and received Distinction for both. I have also attended day courses with Alan Dunn, John Costello, Carlos Lischetti, Mary Presicci and Kim Wiltjer
* I have been writing magazine tutorials since 2001.
* 2019 saw the release of my first book "Cyril's Cake Adventure" with book 2 coming in 2020
Teaching and Demonstrating
* I am an accredited demonstrator and assessor for the British Sugarcraft Guild.
* I have always loved teaching and have taught both private classes and for Rhondda Cynon Taff Adult Education, for which I was delighted to win the NIACE Tutor Awardmy area.
* I have taught at the Renshaw Academy, Cake International and In China representing Squires Kitchen
* I was honoured to be a runner-up for Celebration Cake maker of the Year 2007 at the Baking Industry awards, an experience I won't forget.
* I won Gold in the Wedding Cake Category at the biggest Cake show in the world - Cake International November 2014 with my woodland wedding cake, then gold & 1st place at Cake International London March 2015. Since then, I now have a number of Gold medals for my cakes from BSG competitions, Cake International and Salon Culinaire (including best in class).
* I won the category of Best Cake for South and Central Wales in the 2014 Welsh National Wedding awards and was a finalist for 2015, 2013 and 2012
* I was named by Cake Masters as UK Top 10 Cake Artist 2018
I am honoured to be a Judge for Cake International. During my career I have also judged for Squires Kitchen both at the Exhibition and at the China Selection for the FIPGC as the Squires Kitchen Representative.
I have been very blessed over my cake career and received a number of awards. Sadly, I don't have images of all of them, but here are some of the most recent.