Dragons & Daffodils School
by Rhianydd Webb
Welcome to the Weekly courses section.
I have been teaching in South Wales for over 15 years and my cake business was founded in 1999.
Why choose my classes?
I firmly believe that in Sugarcraft, we are always learning. Even if you have been creating cakes for 20 years, there are still subjects in sugarcraft that you are new to, so we all learn together.
My classes are inclusive and welcome all levels. We each work to our own level, but I always help you forward.
I keep the prices low to make them more accessible, but please don't think this devalues them.
I have taught all over the UK including the prestigeous Renshaws Academy and for Squires Kitchen and Cake International. I have also taught as far afield as China.
I am a multiple gold medal winner both at Cake International and Salon Culinaire in wedding cakes, sugar flowers, model figures and sculpting, and have judged for Squires Kitchen both in the UK and in China, the Welsh National Sugarcraft show and am now proudly judging for Cake International, the biggest cake show in the world. I am an accredited demonstrator and assessor for the British Sugarcraft Guild and regularly have other tutors and judges attending my classes, but we are all on the same quest for sugarcraft knowledge and to just practise the craft that we love.
All levels are welcomed in my friendly and relaxed classes, but that doesn't mean we don't work hard. My students have gone on to open their own cake businesses, write for magazines, teach and judge. Nothing makes me more proud.
All tutors end goal is for the student to surpass the tutor.
Please note that for the time being, all in person classes are being postponed due to government guidelines. These are subject to review.
Weekly classes will restart as an online class at the scheduled April dates and students will be contacted to organise this. We hope to change back to in person as soon as the government advises.
All April day classes are being postponed including easter cupcake classes which will automatically transfer to summer cupcake classes.
A number of FB live Cake-a-long are being scheduled for easter cupcakes and the info will be in the holiday class section as before.
New online classes are being organised and will be available to purchase in the shop soon. Please email if you have a subject you would like to cover.
Special Classes for
Click on the gallery right to see how we are continuing to have classes during these uncertain times.
It is of utmost importance that we all stay at home and stay safe, so I will be releasing a variety of demonstrations and classes.
* Weekly classes you can keep forever like the new essential modelling skills.
* Join our regular weekly classes which will be held via live private groups at a special low price just for the April term. We hope to return to our in person classes in September, so this is a great opportunity to get involved wherever you live in the world.
* Free facebook live cake-a-longs for children and their adults. The first of these will be held on the cake International facebook page.
* Our friends at Cakeflix are holding a very special event . Here is the link to the event page.
* Cake International are having a very special on screen cake show. Follow them on the Facebook page for more information. There is even an online competition with the deadline for entries the 20th April. Here is the link
* Cake International Learning Hub. Each week there is a private paid for demonstration that you can join. Visit their facebook page for more information. If you would like to join a demonstration, use this email
Wherever you are in the world, any of these special live classes and broadcasts are now available to you.
Let us keep each other safe both physically and mentally.
New Online events announced
See the gallery below.